Easy Venison Stroganoff
- Category: Main Courses
- 1½–2 pounds of venison, cut into strips (round or sirloin steak will work for the non-hunters)
- All-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium to large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can of cream of mushroom soup (I like low-sodium.)
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can of beef broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cooked egg noodles
- Parsley for garnish, if desired
Season the venison strips with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour. In a deep skillet, quickly brown the strips in olive oil and butter. Remove the venison when browned.
Add mushrooms and sliced onion to the pan. Sauté until the onion is tender. Sprinkle with one tablespoon of flour.
Return the venison to the pan with mushrooms and onion. Add cream of mushroom soup and beef broth.
Cover and cook over low heat for about 30 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Stir in the sour cream just before serving over the egg noodles and garnish with chopped parsley.