Cajun Pork Sandwiches
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each), trimmed
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 36 French bread slices or mini buns
- Lettuce leaves
- Thin slivers of green and sweet red pepper
Place tenderloins in a greased 13-by-9-inch baking pan. Rub each with 1 teaspoon oil.
In a large bowl, combine paprika, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, pepper, salt if desired, cumin, nutmeg and cayenne; pat over tenderloins. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Bake at 425 degrees for 25–30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees. Let stand for 10 minutes; thinly slice. Spread bread or buns with butter or mayonnaise; top with lettuce, pork and green and red pepper.