Tangy Kale Slaw with Cilantro and Honey
Salads are one way to nutritionally “punch up” your plate, and it helps to remember that salads don’t have to be a bowl of lettuce. Try this fresh dish this summer.
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1½ teaspoons cilantro leaves, washed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¹⁄₈ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups kale leaves, washed, shredded and stems removed
- ½ cup red cabbage leaves, washed and shredded
- ½ cup carrot, trimmed and shredded
- ¼ cup green onion, trimmed and thinly sliced
In bowl, combine vinegar, mayonnaise, honey, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Whisk until well blended.
Add kale, red cabbage, carrot and onion. Toss to coat.
Cover and keep chilled prior to serving.