- 40 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- ½ pound lima beans
- 1 large Idaho potato, ½-inch diced
- 1 cup diced onions
- 2½ cups creamed corn (freshly made or canned)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, such as Texas Pete
- 2 pounds pulled rotisserie chicken
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
Peel and cut potato into 1/2 inch cubes. Boil potato cubes until tender in water using a 4-quart stock pot. Drain, remove from stock pot and refrigerate.
Turn stove to medium-high heat and allow stock pot to preheat. Add oil and sauté lima beans and onions for about 5 minutes, or until onion turns translucent. Add tomatoes, corn and chicken stock, and simmer for 20 minutes and then add potatoes. Simmer lightly for 10 minutes. Add salt, pepper and butter.
Pull cooked chicken off bone. Do not use skin. Add to stew mixture. Stir in hot sauce. Turn off heat and let stand for 5 minutes.