Pee Dee Electric offers several services to help you manage your energy use during cold winter months:
- PeeDeePower Mobile App. This app lets you track your home’s energy use with your smartphone to keep heating and energy-related costs in check.
- High-Use Alerts. You can sign up for text or email alerts that let you know when your energy use reaches a certain level.
- Prepay. Pee Dee Electric offers prepaid billing services to help spread out your energy payments. Studies have shown members on prepay reduce their energy use by 10%.
- Energy Efficiency Loans. If you need a new heat pump or energy efficiency updates made to your home, Pee Dee Electric offers energy efficiency loans to help offset the cost.
- Energy Efficiency Rebates. Pee Dee Electric offers rebates on heat pumps (seer > 15), water heaters (40-gallon tank or greater) and energy efficiency rating of 94%.
More tips to avoid "sticker shock"
Seeing higher than normal bills during the winter? One of the questions we keep hearing from members is why their bills are so high when they haven’t changed their thermostat or their energy habits. Learn more about how to avoid high bills with some tips on our page.