The Atlantic hurricane season peaks from mid- August to late October. As demonstrated by previous storms, any part of North Carolina can be impacted by a hurricane—not just the coast—so it’s important that everyone makes hurricane safety and preparedness a priority.
Wake Electric is fully prepared to respond. We also encourage everyone to prepare by taking simple steps, including:
- Outline a communications and evacuation plan for your family before a hurricane or storm warning is issued to minimize confusion and fear. If you have pets or livestock, include them in your plan.
- Create an emergency kit that includes:
- Important documents sealed in a watertight plastic bag
- Three days’ worth of non-perishable food, water and medication
- First-aid kit
- Battery-powered radio
- Extra batteries
- Personal hygiene items
- Extra clothes, blankets
- Food, other supplies for pets
- Sign up for local weather alerts and warnings.
- Follow Wake Electric’s website home page at wemc.com and Facebook page (facebook.com/wakeelectric) to stay informed about weather, outages and other information. You can bookmark the live online outage map at the website to find real-time outage information. Members should report outages by calling 919.863.6499 or 800.743.3155. Members are also reminded to never go near downed power lines.
Bookmark the live online outage map at our website to find real-time outage information.