Isaias Disaster Declaration Approved - Carolina Country
December 2020

On October 14, Tideland received word that Governor Roy Cooper’s request for a federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Isaias had been approved by the Trump administration. As a result, Tideland is eligible for reimbursement of hurricane-related expenses.

Fifteen North Carolina counties are covered by the declaration, including four served by Tideland: Beaufort, Craven, Hyde and Pamlico.

Reimbursement under the Public Assistance Program comes from two funding sources. FEMA reimburses applicants at least 75 percent of eligible costs, and the remaining 25 percent will come from the state.

Tideland’s Hurricane Isaias reimbursable expenses are in the range of $500,000 to $550,000.

Hurricane Preparedness and Recovery

Learn how to be as ready as possible for the next hurricane. And how to rebuild safely.

Hurricane help

Like this?

Share it with others