- 4 slices whole-grain bread
- 6 tablespoons unsalted almond butter
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional)
- 1 banana, peeled
- 2 strawberries, trimmed and halved
- 4 chunks (1½ inches) pineapple
- 2 blackberries
- 2 teaspoons toasted flaxseed (optional)
Toast bread slices. Spread with almond butter and drizzle with honey, if desired.
To make “stick kids”: Cut eight slices and 32 matchsticks from the banana. Arrange one strawberry half and one pineapple chunk on two slices toast; arrange remaining strawberry halves and blackberries on remaining slices.
Place one banana slice “head” at top of each piece of fruit and arrange four banana matchsticks around each “kid” for arms and legs.
Sprinkle flaxseed along bottom edges of toast under kids’ feet, if desired.