Oat Bran Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups oat bran hot cereal, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup honey or molasses
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with non-stick cooking spray.
In bowl, combine oat bran cereal, brown sugar substitute, baking powder and salt, if desired; mix well.
Add milk, egg whites, honey or molasses, oil and blueberries; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not over-mix.
Fill prepared muffin cups about three-quarters full.
Bake 15–17 minutes, or until golden brown.
Variation: Instead of blueberries, stir 1 mashed ripe banana or another fruit of your choice into the batter before baking.