Overnight Apple Cinnamon French Toast Casserole
Drizzle this casserole with glaze and then dish it out to loved ones for a delicious breakfast or brunch.
- 1 package (20 ounces) French bread, cubed, divided
- 1 can (20 ounces) apple pie filling
- 9 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar, plus additional (optional)
- 2 tablespoons milk, plus additional (optional)
- Nonstick cooking spray
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Spray 8-by-8-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In baking dish, add 10 ounces of cubed French bread to bottom of dish.
Pour apple filling over bread. Top with remaining cubed French bread. Set aside.
In medium bowl, whisk eggs, half-and-half and cinnamon. Pour evenly over bread. Cover with aluminum foil and chill overnight.
Remove foil and bake for 50–60 minutes. Let cool 10–15 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk powdered sugar and milk. Add additional, if needed, until pourable glaze is reached. Drizzle over casserole before serving.
More Breakfast Recipes
from Alimentaire Wholesome Breads