Chocolate Popcorn Critters
This snack is fun to look at and even better to eat. For other creative recipes, visit popcorn.org.
- 8 cups unsalted, unbuttered popped popcorn
- 2½ cups mini marshmallows
- ½ cup chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter or light olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 16 pretzel sticks
- 16 eyeball candies
- 8 red candy-coated chocolate candies
Place popcorn in large mixing bowl.
In saucepan set over medium heat, heat marshmallows, chocolate, butter and salt, stirring often until smooth. Toss marshmallow mixture with popcorn until well combined.
Scoop ¾ cup popcorn mixture into ball. Repeat with remaining mixture to make eight balls total. Place each ball in paper muffin cup liner.
Insert pretzel stick on each side of ball, attach two eyeball candies for eyes and red candy for nose. Let cool completely.