Italian Cream Pie
- 1 (11.3-ounce) package pecan shortbread cookies, such as Pecan Sandies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons cream of coconut, such as Coco-Lopez
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted, plus extra for optional topping
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- Pecans for garnish, optional
- Garnish: chopped pecans and toasted sweetened flaked coconut
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of a processor, pulse cookies into fine crumbs. In a medium bowl, stir together cookie crumbs and melted butter. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch removable-bottom tart pan.
Bake until light golden brown, approximately 12 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, mascarpone, sour cream, cream of coconut, and sugar at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add coconut, vanilla and zest, beating until combined. Spoon mixture into prepared crust.
Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours and up to 3 days. Garnish with pecans and coconut before serving, if desired.