Two-Cheese Meatballs An easy, cheesy favorite
- 1 Spanish white onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups diced bread (such as baguette)
- Water for soaking
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground veal
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 3 cups basic tomato sauce
In a small saucepan over medium heat, sweat onion and garlic.
In a large bowl, soak bread in water 1–2 minutes. Strain excess liquid.
In a separate large bowl, add eggs, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and onion-garlic mixture. Combine and then add ground meat, soaked bread, extra-virgin olive oil, parsley and oregano. Mix thoroughly.
Divide mixture evenly to form 10–12 meatballs and roll into shape.
In a large sauté pan over high heat, brown meatballs in oil on all sides.
Place browned meatballs in a separate saucepot with tomato sauce. Bring to simmer and finish cooking, about 1 hour.