Turkey Pot Pie A warm, hearty dish for cool, autumn nights
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 Spanish white onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, medium diced
- 3 carrots, small diced
- 3 cups cooked, shredded turkey (dark meat preferred)
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups turkey stock (or leftover gravy)
- 2 potatoes, peeled and medium diced
- 1 square prepared puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a medium saucepot, melt butter; add onion and sweat 4 minutes. Add celery and carrots; cook 4–5 minutes.
Add turkey, cook 4 minutes. Add tarragon, parsley and all-purpose flour; cook 4 minutes. Add stock and bring to a simmer. Add potatoes and simmer until tender.
Pour filling into pie pan and top with pastry. Brush pastry with egg.
Bake pie 20–30 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.