Turkey Pot Pie A warm, hearty dish for cool, autumn nights
- Category: Turkey, Main Courses
- Servings: 4
- Print Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 Spanish white onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, medium diced
- 3 carrots, small diced
- 3 cups cooked, shredded turkey (dark meat preferred)
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups turkey stock (or leftover gravy)
- 2 potatoes, peeled and medium diced
- 1 square prepared puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a medium saucepot, melt butter; add onion and sweat 4 minutes. Add celery and carrots; cook 4–5 minutes.
Add turkey, cook 4 minutes. Add tarragon, parsley and all-purpose flour; cook 4 minutes. Add stock and bring to a simmer. Add potatoes and simmer until tender.
Pour filling into pie pan and top with pastry. Brush pastry with egg.
Bake pie 20–30 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Need another easy, family meal?
Try our Two-Cheese Meatballs!
Recipe courtesy of"Family Table" by Robert Irvine
More Turkey Recipes
Smokey Spiced Grilled Turkey LegsGrilling for Thanksgiving? You bet!