Air Fryer Crispy (Un) Fried Chicken
- Category: Chicken, Main Courses
- Servings: 4
- Print Recipe
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon ground oregano
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- ½–1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- ½ tablespoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- ⅓ cup whole-wheat panko breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4 oz each), visible fat trimmed, flattened to ¼-inch thickness, patted dry with paper towels
- Nonstick cooking spray
Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees.
In shallow dish or pie pan, whisk flour, parsley, oregano, pepper and cayenne.
In separate shallow dish or pie pan, whisk buttermilk and hot sauce.
In third shallow dish or pie pan, stir panko and Parmesan.
Place these dishes and one large plate in a row. Dip chicken in flour mixture, then buttermilk mixture, then panko mixture, turning to coat at each step and gently shaking off excess. Place chicken on plate. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
Lightly spray chicken with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange chicken in single layer in air fryer basket, working in batches if needed. Cook 10–15 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center and coating is golden brown, turning once halfway through and lightly spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
Another healthy chicken dish
Eat healthy without sacrificing taste. Try our Chicken Tortilla Soup.
More Main Courses
With garlicy apple cider gravy