- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 package (3½ ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 envelopes spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 8 cups water
- 1 cup each uncooked elbow macaroni, bow tie pasta and medium pasta shells
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the water, tomato paste, mushrooms, pepperoni, sauce mix and Italian seasoning. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 1 hour.
Meanwhile, for pasta, bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add the macaroni and pastas. Return to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cook, uncovered for 10–12 minutes or until tender; drain. Stir into tomato sauce. Transfer to a greased 13-by-9-inch baking dish (dish will be full).
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 5–10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.