- ⅔ pound package hamburger, 80/20
- 1 can (16-ounce) diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1 can (16-ounce) diced tomatoes with chili seasoning
- 2 cans (16-ounce) light kidney beans
- 2 cans (16-ounce) dark kidney beans
- 2 packages slow cooker chili seasoning
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1½ ounces Texas Pete Hotter Hot Sauce
- Franks Red Hot Sauce (depending on taste)
- 1 standard size crockpot
Cook the hamburger on a grill to remove any excess grease and blot with napkin after cooking. Chop the hamburger to a consistency that you would like and set aside.
Add the diced tomatoes and kidney beans (with liquid) and packages of chili seasoning to the crockpot and mix.
Next, add the hamburger and crushed red pepper and mix well.
Pour the Franks Red Hot Sauce on top but do not mix; place in the refrigerator and leave overnight.
Four hours prior to serving, remove from the refrigerator; pour the Texas Pete (1½ ounces) on top, stir, and cook in the crockpot on high.