Egg Salad à la Linda
Linda Miller’s egg salad is legendary among volunteers working at animal rescue events in Raleigh. Here is her recipe, tweaked to use bread-and-butter pickles. You can also use dill or sweet pickle cubes, or a combination. But no matter which pickles you pick, drain them very well to prevent soggy salad. Serve on sliced bread, in pitas or scooped alongside tomato wedges.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped bread-and-butter pickles, drained well
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Chives, chopped (optional)
Slice the hard-cooked eggs into a large bowl. Chop up the eggs or use a pastry blender to cut them up.
Add the celery, onion, pickles, pepper and salt, and combine. Stir in the mayonnaise and mustard.
Cover and refrigerate. Keep cold until serving. Sprinkle with chives.
More Main Courses
with Pecan-Crusted Turkey Meatballs