Black-Eyed Pea, Corn and Rice Salad
Try this tasty vegetarian salad to freshen up your summer palate.
- 2 (15½-ounce) cans no-salt-added or low-sodium black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15¼-ounce) can low-sodium or no-salt-added whole-kernel corn
- 1 (8½-ounce) package brown rice, microwaved according to package directions and broken into small pieces
- 2 medium ribs celery, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¹⁄₈ teaspoon black pepper
In large bowl, stir peas, corn, rice, celery, pepper, parsley, olive oil, water and black pepper until combined.
Serve as is, or refrigerate it to serve chilled later.