Roasted Mushroom Wheat Berry Salad
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, halved
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked wheat berries, warm*
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Place mushrooms on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Bake 10 minutes.
Carefully stir mushrooms and bake
5 minutes until tender. Transfer mushrooms to medium bowl. Add wheat berries, green onions and cranberries.
For dressing, in small bowl, whisk olive oil, orange juice, curry powder and salt; pour over salad. Toss to mix. Serve warm.
*Note: Look for wheat berries in the baking, rice and beans aisles at grocery stores and natural food shops, or you can order them online. Substitutes include bulgur wheat and brown rice.