Make-Ahead Mason Jar Soup
Get ahead of the game with this quickie lunch for busy days. Simply add hot water, steep and serve! Nothing like warming up to a bowl of brothy, noodly chicken veggie soup!
- 5 wide-mouth mason jars with lids
- ½ of a whole rotisserie chicken
- 4 packages ramen noodles (disgard seasoning)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 6–8 button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 bunch baby spinach, chopped
- 5 tablespoons chili sauce
- 5 teaspoons “Better Than Bouillon” roasted chicken base
Shred chicken and put ¼ to ½ cup in the bottom of each jar. Break up the ramen noodles and divide between jars, layering noodles on top of the chicken. Add layers of sliced green onions, mushrooms and spinach, dividing between the jars. Top each jar with 1 tablespoon chili sauce and 1 teaspoon chicken base.
Place tops on each jar and store in refrigerator until ready to eat.
Once you are ready to eat, put hot water in jar to cover food. Replace lid and let steep for about 3-4 minutes until noodles are tender.
A great make-ahead lunch on those busy days — water can be heated with a coffee maker.
More Soup Recipes
Don't tell them it's healthy!