White Chicken Chili
- Category: Chicken, Soups, Main Courses
- Servings: 6
- Print Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped, optional
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (15½ ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 to 1¼ teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
In a large saucepan, cook the onion, jalapeno if desired and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the broth, beans, parsley, lime juice and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into chili. Add chicken. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
More Soup Recipes
From a Bolivian kitchen
Don't tell them it's healthy!