Creamy Swiss Pimento Cheese
It may be near impossible to find a Southern lady who doesn’t have her own version of pimento cheese, oftentimes “the family recipe” passed down through generations. But what you don’t usually find is one made with Swiss cheese. We hope you will enjoy my version, featuring North Carolina’s Mt. Olive Roasted Red Peppers.
- 1 pound Swiss cheese, finely grated
- ½ pound white cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1 12-ounce tub whipped cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick cold butter, grated into mixture
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise (Duke’s preferred)
- 1 12-ounce jar Mt. Olive Roasted Red Peppers, drained/coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- ½ cup chopped fresh chives
Combine all ingredients and fold together until well blended.
Serve at room temperature with assorted crackers and in sandwiches, spooned into hot baked potatoes, dolloped on burgers or breakfast biscuits, whirled into warm macaroni, warmed as a dip … just let your imagination run wild!
Note: Best if you let sit overnight in refrigerator to let flavors come together.