Toasted Sesame Cucumber Butter Spread
- Category: Appetizers, Side Dishes
- Print Recipe
This spread is just right on grilled fish or in shrimp and chicken tacos. Dollop onto hot grilled steaks or burgers and watch it melt all over. Makes a nice filling for wraps too, or simply enjoy on saltine crackers or celery sticks.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (Duke’s preferred)
- 1 teaspoon Texas Pete
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, (plus 1 tablespoon for garnishing)
- 2–3 green onions, minced (with tops)
- Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- About 1 cup finely diced cucumber (not peeled)
Blend together all ingredients except cucumber until smooth. Fold in cucumbers. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Variations: Add fresh herbs (cilantro, dill, basil). Fold in some grated cheddar cheese and pimento to make a cucumber pimento cheese.