Sausage & Egg Breakfast Pizza
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 envelope country gravy mix
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1¼ cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper jack cheese
Separate crescent dough into 16 triangles and place on a greased 14-inch round pizza pan with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of pan to form a crust; seal seams. Bake at 375 degrees for 11–13 minutes or until golden brown.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Prepare gravy according to package directions. Stir into sausage mixture; set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until almost set. Spread gravy mixture over crust. Top with eggs, mushrooms and cheeses. Bake 5–10 minutes longer or until eggs are set and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges.
More Breakfast Recipes
from Alimentaire Wholesome Breads