Brown Sugar Pound Cake
Top this cake with whipped cream and fresh fruit, or serve the toppings separately for a customizable treat.
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour, plus additional for coating pan, divided
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Sweetened whipped cream, for topping (optional)
- Fresh fruit, such as strawberries and blueberries, for topping (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and flour 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
In large bowl, beat sugar and butter until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.
In separate bowl, combine 1¾ cups flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to sugar mixture.
Pour batter into pan.
Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Remove from pan and turn out on rack to cool completely.
Top with sweetened whipped cream and fresh fruit, if desired.