Baked Vegetarian Taquitos
- Category: Vegetarian, Main Courses
- Servings: 4
- Print Recipe
Feel full and satisfied with this hearty meal of sweet and spice.
- 1 bag brown rice
- 1 cup shredded collard greens, packed
- ¼ cup frozen corn
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- ⅔ cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1½ tablespoons taco seasoning
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches each)
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sour cream, for dipping
- Salsa, for dipping
- Guacamole, for dipping
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Prepare rice according to package directions; add collard greens and corn to water during last 5 minutes.
Drain rice and vegetables; transfer to saucepan. Stir in black beans, pumpkin purée and taco seasoning.
Spoon ⅓ cup rice mixture into center of one tortilla; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Monterey Jack cheese. Roll up tightly. Place seam-side down on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Repeat with remaining tortillas, filling and cheese.
Brush taquitos with olive oil; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake 10–15 minutes, or until tortillas are crisp and cheese is melted.
Serve taquitos with sour cream, salsa and guacamole for dipping. Garnish with fresh cilantro.