Southwestern Quinoa and Egg Breakfast Bowls
- Category: Breakfast, Main Courses
- Servings: 4
- Print Recipe
This simple recipe makes for a light, healthy dinner option.
- ¼ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup no-salt-added frozen corn, thawed
- ½ medium avocado, pitted and diced
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 4 large eggs
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Red hot-pepper sauce, to taste (optional)
Cook quinoa according to package directions. Remove from heat.
Spoon quinoa into four bowls. Top each with tomatoes, corn, avocado, green onions and cilantro, if desired.
Lightly spray large skillet over medium-high heat with nonstick cooking spray. Crack eggs into skillet. Sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, 3–4 minutes, or until egg whites are set but yolks are still runny.
Using spatula, carefully transfer one egg sunny side up into each bowl. Sprinkle with hot sauce, if desired.
More Main Courses
with Southern Country Ham