Hearty Eight-Layer Salad
- 1½ cups uncooked small shell macaroni
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup julienned fully cooked ham
- 1 cup julienned hard salami
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
Place the lettuce in a 2½ quart glass serving bowl; top with macaroni and eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer with ham, salami and peas. Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, green onions and mustard. Spread over the top. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
Just before serving sprinkle with cheese and parsley.