Cauliflower Au Gratin
- Category: Side Dishes
- Servings: 10 to 12 servings
- 1 large head cauliflower (about 6 cups)
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, divided
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1½ cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dried bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Break cauliflower into sections and cook for 10 minutes in boiling water. Drain well. Combine cauliflower with 2 tablespoons butter and onion, cheese, sour cream and salt. Spoon into a 1½ quart casserole.
Melt remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over cauliflower mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through.