Dilled, Grilled Potato Salad
This savory, saucy potato salad is a tasty side dish for just about anything! Make these foil packets ahead and stack in the fridge to be ready to hit the grill.
- 2 heavy-duty foil sheets (or 4 regular sheets, doubled)
- 2 pounds red potatoes (with skin)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 slices uncooked bacon, finely diced
- ½ cup kosher dill pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons vinegar or pickle relish juice
- 3–4 tablespoons bacon drippings or oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Chopped fresh dill
Heat grill to medium-low.
Coat foil generously with pan spray. Cut potatoes into ¾-inch cubes and divide among the two foil sheets.
Combine remaining ingredients except dill. Spoon mixture over potatoes. Wrap and seal the packets.
Place onto hot grill over direct heat; cover and cook 10 minutes. Check one packet for doneness — if needed, cook several more minutes.
Remove from grill and let rest 5–10 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh dill.