Warm Pimento Cheese Dip With Pretzels
- Category: Side Dishes
- Servings: About 8 servings
- Print Recipe
Whether served alongside Ms. Velma’s Soup, or as a quick, throw-together appetizer, this melty cheese dip will please just about everybody. Cut amounts in half and make in a smaller skillet for a few or a larger one for a crowd. We kept this simple to be kid-friendly, but you can heat things up a bit with crushed red pepper and a few shakes of hot sauce.
- 1 pound box Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 block (8-ounce) Swiss cheese, cubed
- 1 block (8-ounce) Monterey Jack Cheese, cubed
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Fresh black pepper
- Dried or fresh herbs of choice, optional (we used fresh thyme)
- 2 jars (4-ounce) diced pimento, drained
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into slivers
- ¾ cup crispy fried onions
- 2 boxes (6-count each) frozen heat-and-serve pretzels
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Spray 10- to 12-inch skillet and scatter with the cubes of cheese. Dust with the onion and garlic powders. Bake for about 25 minutes until just melted.
Add black pepper, herbs if using and half the diced pimento. Swirl gently with a knife to blend a bit. Scatter with the remaining pimento, slivers of red pepper and crispy onions.
Serve with pretzels for dipping while warm.
Pair with soup
Couple this cheesy goodness with a hearty soup full of tomatoes, chicken, butterbeans and corn. Try our Ms. Velma’s ‘It’s Just Soup’.
Lois Barrett |
August 26, 2021 |