Saucy Chicken Sliders
- Category: Chicken, Appetizers, Main Courses
- Servings: 6–8
- Print Recipe
Sweet, smoky and tender — that’s this recipe. Preparing it in the slow cooker makes it easy, too. You can also serve the chicken atop rice or in tortillas, and the recipe can be doubled for a crowd.
- 8 boneless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cups Memphis-style barbecue sauce
- 2½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- 6–8 small slider rolls
- Slaw (optional)
Place the chicken in a slow cooker. Spread the onions on top.
In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, vinegar, paprika and chili powder. Pour the mixture over the chicken and onions. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours.
When the cooking time is done, use a knife and fork to shred the chicken in the cooker, then stir in the parsley or cilantro.
To serve, put the chicken in the rolls and top with slaw, if desired.