Sunny Side Up Breakfast Salad With ginger-maple vinaigrette
Who says salads can’t be enjoyed for breakfast? Many communities now have year-round farmers’ markets, so bundle up and visit yours. Or find “rainbow” toppings in your grocer’s produce department. No need for exact ingredient amounts for this salad, but check out what we put on ours for inspiration.
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup light oil of choice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Winter greens (we used a kale mix)
- Roasted acorn squash
- Pomegranate arils
- Dragon fruit
- Slices of cheese
- Quinoa salad (from the deli counter)
- Eggs (we prefer sunny side up!)
For dressing, combine ingredients in jar and refrigerate for up to 1 week (makes about 1 cup).
For salad, set aside some time to prep all your ingredients for the week so you can quickly enjoy a rainbow salad for breakfast before the hustle and bustle of the day begins. Slice, dice, peel, roast and refrigerate so you’ll only need to toss it all together and throw an egg on top. Or if you prefer, boil some eggs and use those instead.