No-Churn Cantaloupe & Coconut Ice Cream With vanilla bean
- Category: Desserts
- Servings: Makes about 2 quarts
- Print Recipe
Nothing says summer like the combination of sweet, ripe cantaloupe and creamy coconut. Close your eyes and you might even think you’ve landed on a tropical island. No need to pull out the ice cream freezer for this one. Fun to make as popsicles too!
- 1 can (13.5 ounce) full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 can (11.6 ounce) sweetened, condensed coconut milk*
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and scraped
- 2 cups roughly chopped ripe cantaloupe pulp with juice
- Toasted coconut, optional
Put the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
Remove coconut fat solids from the chilled can of milk and place in deep mixing bowl for about 20 minutes. (Save the liquid for use in smoothies, muffins, oatmeal or cocktail mixes.)
Whip with mixer until fluffy. Blend in coconut milk, condensed milk and vanilla bean. Fold in cantaloupe. Pour into loaf pan or bowl and freeze. Garnish with toasted coconut at serving time.
Recipe courtesy ofWendy Perry, a culinary adventurist and blogger, chats about goodness around NC on her blog at WendysHomeEconomics.com.
More Dessert Recipes
A dense, delicious cake with seasonal flavors you'll love