Surf & Turf Asian Stir Fry
When a quick and flavorful supper is needed, pull out the wok or big skillet for a speedy stir fry. The grocery store salad bar is your friend for these nights. While the deli slices your beef, grab nearby cooked shrimp and salad bar veggies … in no time you’ll be eating this 20-minute meal.
- Cooking oil
- 1 bag shredded slaw mix (cabbage with carrots)
- 1 large zucchini, sliced in ½-inch half-moon pieces
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- Salad bar veggies (no exact amounts: sliced bell peppers; sliced mushrooms; broccoli, cut small)
- 2–3 tablespoons garlic paste
- ¾ pound thicker sliced rare London broil, torn into bite-sized pieces
- ¾ pound cooked, shelled and tail-off large shrimp
- 1 bottle Asian salad dressing (we used NC’s Little Black Dressing Far East Flair)
- Toasted sesame seeds
Heat wok or large bottomed skillet over high heat. Lightly coat with cooking oil.
Add all vegetables and salad bar items. Cook, stirring frequently, until crisp tender and larger pieces are getting a light char.
Stir in garlic paste, beef, shrimp and dressing just long enough to heat while tossing (1–2 minutes). Be sure not to cook too long or beef and shrimp will become overdone and tough.
Remove from heat. Scatter with toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately.