Mini Turkey Sloppy Joes
- Category: Turkey, Main Courses
- Servings: 8
- Print Recipe
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup carrots, finely diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1 (24-ounce) jar marinara sauce (chunky preferred)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 mini buns
In large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. When hot, add onion and garlic; sauté until onion is translucent.
Add ground turkey to pan. Break up meat and stir frequently until meat is browned. Add carrots, green pepper and red pepper. Cook 5 minutes so vegetables can begin to soften.
Add marinara sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, kosher salt and black pepper. Stir and bring to boil. Reduce heat so it simmers; partially cover pan. Cook 10 minutes.
Serve on mini buns.
Weeknight cooking stress-reliever
Having items on hand can make rushed weeknight cooking less overwhelming, giving you more time to spend with your family. Here's another quick go-to for a fast weeknight supper: Grown-Up Tomato Mac & Cheese.