Potato, Turkey and Veggie Casserole Conquer your weeknight with a satisfying comfort food
- 1 tablespoon, plus
- 1 teaspoon, olive oil
- ¾ pound extra-lean ground turkey breast*
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 can/container (15 ounces) German potato salad
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 2 cups frozen, thawed or canned mixed vegetables, drained
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ cup bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large, nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add turkey, thyme, garlic powder, pepper and salt, if desired. Cook 5–7 minutes, until cooked through, stirring occasionally and breaking turkey into large crumbles.
Stir in potato salad and sour cream. Add vegetables; stir. Spray 2-quart dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon in casserole mixture.
Toss together bread crumbs and remaining oil. Sprinkle over casserole.
Bake 30 minutes, or until bubbly and heated through.